Room : THN 212
Phone : (613) 562-5800 ext. 2102
Fax : (613) 613-562-5632
E-mail : emills@uOttawa.ca
Edward Mills is Canada Research Chair in Global Health. He works predominantly on issues related to measurement of health interventions. In the context of global health, he works assisting antiretroviral providing organizations in Africa with measuring the quality of their services and its impact on patient quality of life and mortality. He runs the TASO-CAN cohort of 23,000 patients receiving antiretroviral care in Uganda, the largest research cohort in Africa. He has published widely and is editor of the journal ‘Conflict and Health,” a journal addressing humanitarian responses to complex emergencies.
|2007||Ph.D.||Health Research Methods||McMaster University, Canada|
|2006||M.St.||International Human Rights Law||University of Oxford, UK|
|2003||M.Sc.||Evidence-Based Healthcare||University of Oxford, UK|
- Clinical Epidemiology
- Evidence-based medicine
- Complex emergencies
- Ford N, Nachega J, Engels M, Mills EJ. Directly observed antiretroviral therapy: A meta-analysis. The Lancet (Published early online DOI:10.1016/S0140-6736(09)61671-8)
- Mills EJ, Ford N, Mugyenyi P. Expanding antiretroviral care in Africa: Making men matter. The Lancet 2009;374:275-6
- Ford N, Mills EJ, Calmy A. Rationing antiretroviral therapy in Africa. Treating too few, too late. New England J Med 2009;360:1808-10
- Palmer A, Thomlynson J, Phung C, Ford N, Lima V, Fernandez K, Joffres M, Guyatt GH, Montaner JM, Mills EJ. Does the ratification of human rights treaties impact population health? The Lancet 2009;373:1987-92.
- Mills EJ, Chan AW, Wu P, Vail A, Guyatt GH, Altman DG. Design, analysis, and presentation of crossover trials. Trials. 2009;10:27
- Mills EJ, Perri D, O’Regan C, Cooper C, Nachega J, Wu P, Tleyjah I, Phillips P. Antifungal Treatment for Invasive Candida Infections: A Mixed Treatment Comparison Meta-Analysis. Annals of Clinical Microbiology & Antimicrobials 2009;8:23
- Kiboneka A, Nabiryo C, Tembe J, Wangyisi J, Anema A, Cooper C, Montaner JM, Mills EJ. Combination Antiretroviral Therapy in a Conflict-Affected Population: Outcomes from a large cohort in Northern Uganda. BMJ 2009 Feb 17;338:b201
- Mills EJ, Wu P, Rachlis B, Thabane L, Devereaux PJ, Perri D. Primary prevention of cardiovascular events with statins: A meta-analysis. Journal of American College of Cardiology 2008;52:1769-81
- Akl EA, Briel M, You JJ, Lamontagne F, Gangji A, Cukierman-Yaffe T, Alshurafa M, Sun X, Nerenberg KA, Johnston BC, Vera C, Mills EJ, Bassler D, Salazar A, Bhatnagar N, Busse JW, Khalid Z, Walter S, Cook DJ, Schünemann HJ, Altman DG, Guyatt GH. LOST to follow-up Information in Trials (LOST-IT): a protocol on the potential impact. Trials. 2009;10:40.
- Kiboneka A, Nabiryo C, Tembe J, Wangyisi J, Anema A, Cooper C, Montaner JM, Mills EJ. Clinical and immunological outcomes of a national paediatric cohort receiving combination antiretroviral therapy in Uganda. AIDS 2008;22:2493-9’
- Ntanda H, Olupot-Olupot P, Mugyenyi P, Kityo C, Lowes R, Cooper C, Mills EJ. Orphanhood predicts delayed access to therapy in Ugandan children. Pediatric Infectious Diseases 2009;2:153-5.
- Kiboneka A, Nyatia RJ, Nabiryo C, Anema A, Cooper C, Mills EJ. Pediatric HIV therapy in armed conflict. AIDS 2008, 22: 1097-98
- Mills EJ, Kelly S, Cooper C, Nachega J. CD4 and Viral Antiretroviral effects on HIV RNA, CD4 cell count and progression to AIDS or death: A regression analysis. HIV Medicine 2009;9:849-57
- Cooper C, Mills EJ, Angel J. Mitigation of antiretroviral-induced hyperlipidemia by HCV co-infection: A cohort analysis. AIDS 2007;21:71-6
- Mills EJ, Nachega J, Bangsberg D, Rachlis B, Wu P, Orbinski J, Attaran A, Thabane L, Buchan I, Guyatt GH. Adherence to antiretroviral therapy in Africa versus North America: A Meta-regression analysis. JAMA 2006;296:679-90.