- Canadian Association of Oncology Nurses (CANO) The Canadian Association of Nurses in Oncology (CANO/ACIO) is the national organization that supports Canadian nurses to promote and develop excellence in oncology nursing practice, education, research and leadership.
- Canadian Association on Gerontology The Canadian Association on Gerontology (CAG) is a national, multidisciplinary scientific and educational association established to provide leadership in matters related to the aging population.
- Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association (CHPCA): the national voice for Hospice Palliative Care in Canada
- Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association (CHPCA): Hospice Palliative Care Learning and Resource Commons: a repository for resources related to: health professional education in the area of palliative and end-of-life care, pediatric hospice palliative and end-of-life care, aboriginal hospice palliative and end-of-life care, advance care planning, hospice palliative care and caregiving, and HIV/AIDS and Hospice Palliative Care
- Canadian Interprofessional Health Collaborative: The Canadian Interprofessional Health Collaborative promotes collaboration in health and education
- The Canadian Pain Society The aim of the CPS is to foster and encourage research and education on pain mechanisms and pain syndromes and to help improve the management of patients with acute and chronic pain.
- Cancer Care Ontario Provides information for patients, health professionals and public on cancer prevention, screening, treatment (radiation, chemotherapy, surgery), supportive care
Symptom Management Tools (with mobile device applications that can be downloaded):
Palliative Care Tools:
- Champlain Hospice Palliative Care Resource Manual
- Elisabeth Bruyere Research Institute (EBRI): Overview of palliative care research projects
- Hospice Palliative Care Ontario The Hospice Association of Ontario (HAO) is Canada's largest volunteer hospice organization, consisting of more than 180 community-based volunteer organizations providing high-quality, compassionate end-of-life care for individuals living with a life-threatening illness, and those who care for them.
- Canadian Virtual Hospice: Information and support on palliative/end-of-life care
- Educating Future Physicians in End –of-Life Care (2004)
- National Consensus Project for Quality Palliative Care, Clinical Practice Guidelines for Quality Palliative Care, 2nd edition (2009).
- Interprofessional education for collaborative person-centred practice through the humanities: provides information and resources for interprofessional learning
- Health Canada (2001) Education for formal caregivers. Workgroup of the Federal Secretariat on Palliative and End-of-Life Care. National Action Planning Workshop on End –of-Life Care.
- Pallium: provides teaching and learning resources and modules on palliative care
- The Pallium Palliative Pocketbook : A practical, peer-reviewed and referenced resource to help generalist practitioners from medicine, nursing, pharmacy and related disciplines work together safely, ethically, effectively and more accountably (i.e., evidence-informed practice) in care of the seriously-ill and dying in community-based settings of care throughout Canada. This site supports use of The Pallium Palliative Pocketbook with supplemental tools and information.
- Parliamentary Committee on Palliative and Compassionate Care. (PCPCC): a Canadian ad-hoc Committee of the House of Commons dedicated to promoting awareness of, fostering substantive research and constructive dialogue on palliative and compassionate care in Canada.
- Regional Palliative Care Program in Edmonton: a community based model of palliative care services designed to increase access to high quality, cost effective palliative care services.
- Registered Nurses Association of Ontario (RNAO): Best Practice Guideline “"End-of-life care in the last days and hours of life"
- Victoria Hospice: development of information, tools and resources to assist in the provision of expert palliative care, publications, courses and training for professionals and volunteers.
- World Health Organization (2004) Palliative care the solid facts.
- European Association for Palliative Care (EAPC) EAPC develops and promotes palliative care in Europe through information, education and research using multi-professional collaboration, while engaging with stakeholders at all levels.
- The End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC): a comprehensive, national education program to improve end-of-life care by nurses, and is funded by a major grant from The Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. Primary project goals are to develop a core of expert nursing educators and to coordinate national nursing education efforts in end-of-life care.
- International Observatory on End of Life Care: a globally recognised centre of excellence for research in palliative and end of life care.
- Growth House, Inc.: provides free access to education materials about end-of-life care, palliative medicine, and hospice care, including the full text of several books.