Room : MNT 367
Telephone: (613) 562-5800 ext. 4282
Fax : (613) 562-5497
E-Mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Ottawa Research Chair in Environmental Physiology
Professor Glen Kenny, Ph.D., of the School of Human Kinetics at the University of Ottawa's Faculty of Health Sciences, holds the Research Chair in Environmental Physiology. His research is aimed at:
- Understanding the effects of extreme temperature events (e.g. heat waves) on human health and performance and the thermoregulatory consequences and limitations to physical activity or work performed in extreme environmental conditions.
- Advancing knowledge on how elderly and individuals with chronic disease respond and adapt to harsh environments and extreme temperatures.
- Generating the best and most up-to-date information to inform heat vulnerable populations of the effect of extreme ambient conditions on their health and safety.
- Developping effective heat stress prevention and control measures for health specialists and industry managers to protect vulnerable individuals and workers.
|1994-1996||Postdoctoral Fellow||Physical Education and Recreation Studies||University of Manitoba, Winipeg|
|1994||Ph.D.||Physiology||University of Ottawa|
|1990||M.Sc.||Exercise Physiology||University of Ottawa|
|1987||B.Sc.||Kinanthropology||University of Ottawa|
- Environmental medicine
- Chronic disease and health
- Physical training
- Courses Taught