Student Mentorship Program
Your gateway to success during university and beyond!
In parternship with the Student Academic Success Services (SASS), the Faculty of Health Sciences Student Mentoring Program aims to motivate student academic, personal and professional excellence, foster a sense of community and promote the inclusion, autonomy and the retention of all students enrolled at the Faculty of Health Sciences.
Our student Mentoring Program
- Exceptional peer support for all students in the Faculty of Health Sciences.
- Champion academic, personal and professional skills coaching.
- Locations: Montpetit Hall and Guindon Hall (nursing).
- Stellar students engaged in the university community.
- Professionally trained in study skills and peer coaching.
- Recipients of CIBC Mentoring Scolarship.
Front row (from left to right): Jean-François Couvrette, Caroline Bala, Carolyne Breton, Lauren DeGroot, and Julie El-Haddad.
Middle row (from left to right): Rachel Merrithew, Suzanne Biagé, Zuzana Novak, Désiré Rioux.
Back row (from left to right): Ryan McGinn, Derek Petit, Alexandre Roy, and Codie Primeau.
View the mentors' biographies »
- Individualized mentoring
- Study groups (Anatomy and Physiology, and Pathophysiology)
- Web site hosted on Blackboard Vista
- Discussion forums
- Online mentoring
How students mentors from the Faculty of Health Sciences can help you!
- Time management skills: Set realistic schedules, determine priorities and identify time wasters.
- Exam preparation skills: Strategies for writing efficiently, pacing yourself , reviewing material and dealing with multiple-choice exams.
- Stress management: Identify stressors, learn how to physically relax, balance academic demands and extracurricular activities like volunteer work.
- Motivation and concentration: Identify strategies for maintaining your motivation and dealing with distracters that foil your focus.
- Study groups offered in English: ANP1105, ANP1107, HSS1100 and PHA3112
- Study groups offered in French: ANP1506, ANP1507, HSS1500, PHA3512
- Individual meetings with a student mentor in your program
- Click here to view the Winter 2013 office hours of the Mentorship Centre at Montpetit Hall, Room 238.
- Click here to view the Winter 2013 office hours of the Mentorship Centre at Guindon Hall, Room 2017.
Study Group Timetable
- Click here to view the Winter 2013 study groups timetable.